Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Managing Anger with ACT




A little while ago I came to the realization that my anger was consuming me. I was tired of being angry all the time and it drained me of so much energy. So a bought a book on anger and read it. So far, it has really helped me a lot. I've been like a buddha for the last week. The book is “ACT on life not on anger” by George H. Eifert, PH.D., Mathew McKay, PH.D., John P. Forsyth, PH.D.

ACT is acceptance and commitment therapy. It involves accepting your angry feelings instead of struggling to change them and making a commitment to focus your energy on the things that matter most to you life. You can't control what you think or feel, but you can control what you do about it. You don't want to spend your time on this earth being angry.


I summarized the importnat points of the book here:


No comments:

Post a Comment