Thursday, May 6, 2010

Insomnia Tips




In used to take a medication that helped me fall asleep, but I have recently switched medications. So the first night without the medication I couldn't fall asleep for hours. I was anxious, my heart was beating fast, and I was constantly shifting positions. The 2nd night I tried deep breathing. Deep breathing is just breathing in slowly as deep as you can and then exhaling slowly. I used to do yoga and I remembered how the deep breathing we did there relaxed me and made me sleepy. It was annoying at first to have to concentrate on my breathing while trying to sleep, but I kept at it and it helped me fall asleep a lot sooner. It relaxes your body, you get more comfortable and less fidgety, and then your mind relaxes as well and gets ready to sleep. Give it a shot if you're having problems falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment