Sunday, May 2, 2010

How to Deal with Depression and Get the Most out of Your Day




I used to play poker for a living and I noticed that when I got focused before I played on what I wanted to do, I did well. So I thought “why not do this every day in life so that I can have more good days?”. It really helps to wake my mind up in the morning and get me focused on what I want to with my day, how I want to treat other people, and how I can deal with my illness.


Getting focused before you start your day can really remind you how to deal with depression and bipolar disorder, and help you get the most out of your day, everyday. Just ask yourself these questions to get your mind ready to have a great day.


What’s important to me?


- The things that are important to you are your values. Your values give you a direction to go in, in life. It is important to remind yourself of your values so that you don’t get off track. You want to spend your life doing things that are important to you.

What do I want to be remembered for when I’m dead?


- This is the legacy you want to leave. These are the actions you want to take. This is the way you want to behave. You want your family, friends, and other people you meet to say good things about you when you die. You want to be remembered as a fighter, not a quitter.


What makes me feel good?

- Everyone is different and it is important to know what makes you feel good so that you can do it as often as possible. You should do something every day that brings you joy and satisfaction.


You can read the rest of the article here:


No comments:

Post a Comment